We are delighted to be selected by esteemed writer and Rhone lover Jon Bonné:
The Chronicle Recommends: Grenache Blanc
This new label takes its Grenache Blanc very seriously, with indigenous yeast fermentation and aging on lees in old oak barrels on some well-chosen fruit from Los Olivos. There’s a terrific mineral edge to the pistachio and bergamot aromas, with brightness to match the ripe, pear-like fruit. A full texture that shows what makes the grape so appealing.
Buy online or at one of our partners.
The long awaited 2011 Whites are here, we are back in the white wine business! (While the 200 cases lasts.) We are in the middle of finalizing a brand new website, and our intent is to launch the new wines there, and we will be back in hand selected retail and restaurant locations again shortly.
2011 Whites include:
- Our smash hit 100% Grenache Blanc, Saarloos Vineyard, Santa Ynez
- Viognier,Saralees Vineyard, Russian River Valley (LOVE this 2011 release
- Pastoral Blanc, our new white blend of Roussanne, Marsanne, Viognier AND Grenache Blanc
- Centime, an ‘orange wine’ skin contact white of Roussanne, Marsanne, for Wine Club.
Until these are online, contact us via email to place an order, we apologize for the short term inconvenience.
We will be emailing wine club members this week for final 2010 white allocation and re-orders from our small reserves we held onto, and you may combine 2011 whites in these shipments. We do also have several local Bay area retail outlets with a small amount of inventory left.
Unfortunately the print quality on our initial run of labels wasn’t quite satisfactory, and the factory is re-printing. With pre-orders and demand we used them to start, rather than wait another month.
We took the opportunity to tweak the design on both the front and back label.
- We changed the dimensions, making both front and back now four inches wide, by 3 inches tall. This shorter have inch on the front label, brings more focus to the sheep logo, which people love. The extra space on the now larger back label, allowed us to have more room, be less cramped.
- We tightened the text a bit on the front label, so that it will fit on bottle shots.
- We paid more money for a paper with more texture.